Had an InfoPath form, published to SharePoint, needed to add some new fields, created the matching Site Columns, promoted the fields to the new columns, republished - everything looked good on our TEST server and then I did the same thing in our PROD environment: NoGo.
Yes, the form was published ok. The resulting xml documents had the changes, but the SharePoint Site Columns didn't reflect the changes. I searched logs, checked for misspells, googled for a day - nothing! It all looked correct, but it didn't work. (Actually not quite correct cause the columns where now properties of the ListItem and therefore didn't belong to the document).
Finally I found a fellow blogger that in turn had found some other bloggers and to make it short, here's the link: http://arichterwork.blogspot.com/2008/03/infopath-property-promotion-woes.html
All credit goes to these guys, but let me just sumerize the workaround (it's not a solution, nor an explanation):
- Using Central Admin, Applications, InfoPath, you need to deactivate the faulting form from all of the Site Collections it has been activated on.
- While deactivated, upload a new version of the form.
- Reactivate the form to the Site Collections where it is needed.
This made my InfoPath fields or properties work and I got the reflecting values on my SharePoint columns.
It looks like this bug occurs when you have republished your InfoPath form several time, but I really hope it will be fixed soon.